Senior Compliance Manager
Our National Wealth Management client has now released a newly created opportunity for a Senior Compliance Manager to join a rapidly expanding business with an ever growing UK presence.
The business is currently going through its 2nd phase of its growth strategy and will be expecting to increase in size again over the next 5 years.
This is a senior role for the right individual to add value immediately within the businesses compliance function reporting to the Group Compliance Director.
The business employs over 200 staff with over 200 Financial Advisers across the country.
Overview of the role
Compliance Operations, File Checking, Compliance Monitoring and Compliance Advisory activities. The role requires an individual to the lead the day to day activities of the Compliance Operations team, reporting directly to the Group Compliance Director.
The Compliance operational team manages day to day activities such as FCA reporting, complaint handling, recruitment of advisers and senior managers, Fit & Proper assessments, reviewing financial promotions, recording breaches & incidents, production of Compliance MI etc.
The individual will be experienced, qualified and have an ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders in the business to ensure Compliance policy & procedures are being adhered to. The Senior Compliance Manager will have a small team of direct reports and ensure there is appropriate sharing of activities to promote resilience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with all regulated entities
- Maintain a schedule, prepare and submit non-financial regulatory returns accurately and on time (Gabriel)
- Prepare PI renewal and liaise as appropriate with the businesses PI brokers on an ongoing basis.
- Review and maintain the internal compliance processes to support training, business continuity requirements and fulfil internal audit requirements
- Conduct appropriate due diligence on new senior managers, advisers and certified staff, including deal with any FCA authorisations, references, credit and criminal checks etc
- Review and maintain a compliance manual of policies and procedures
- Ensure all the advisers in the group comply with the completion of the annual fit and proper assessments
- Ensure all non-advising staff across the group comply with the annual Good Repute requirements and senior management requirements.
- Ensure all staff and advisers across the group are trained in the firm’s relevant compliance procedures including data protection, financial crime, complaints TCF, T&C and whistleblowing
- Assist in the preparation on internal MI and Annual Compliance Reports
- Manage all complaints within appropriate FCA timescales and standards to ensure good client outcomes
- Review all financial promotions to ensure they are clear, fair and not misleading in line with FCA requirements.
- Document all regulatory rule breaches, assess materiality vis a vis regulatory engagement and ensure breaches are remedied in good time.
- Maintain a record of all conflicts, personal dealing, suspicious activities relating to internal and external financial crime.
- Assist the Compliance Director as appropriate to fulfil their regulatory responsibilities.
- Maintain a schedule of senior management apportioned responsibilities and ensure individual statements of responsibilities are updated and signed.
- Ensure the business maintains an appropriate customer focused culture at all times
- Ensure appropriate ethical standards exist
- Ensure appropriate compliance procedures and systems and controls are in place and followed for all areas of responsibility
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the FCA Statements of Principle & Code of Practice and the relevant FCA rules at all times
- Comply with the relevant compliance, TCF, T&C, and financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times
Relevant Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- In depth working knowledge of regulatory requirements, applied within independent financial advice and wealth management firms
- Obtained (or working towards) an appropriate compliance diploma with the CII, CISI or equivalent body
- Specific understanding and knowledge of relevant FCA rules and guidance including conduct of business and SYSC rules
- Awareness of other associated legislation such as Data Protection Act.
- Good knowledge of the FCA money laundering section of the System and Controls Sourcebook (SYSC), Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) Guidance and other relevant financial crime legislation, including the Bribery Act
Our client is an expanding organisation of which employees are expected to contribute and engage fully with all organisational activities and adopt a positive and flexible approach where appropriate.
This opportunity is home working, however, you must be prepared to travel to the head offices in Ascot, Berkshire once a month so our client is open to location.
The company enjoys an excellent working culture where staff retention is excellent. This is an award winning, notable brand. This is an excellent time to join the business.
A highly attractive salary, alongside comprehensive benefits are available whilst being recognised as a senior member to the organisation and its future success.
The business is looking to interview as soon as possible, please apply to us here at Recruit Wealth for an immediate response.
Location: Ascot, Berkshire - Home Working | Salary: 65000 - 70000 per | Job type: | Posted: 24/05/2022